AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARDS
The American Red Cross Lifeguard course enables candidates to be equipped with the all necessary knowledge and skills required to be a professionally certified lifesaver on both the local and international platform. On top of that it is also the prerequisite to go for AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™
Prerequisites: Must be at least 15 years old and pass certain swimming requirements Course lengths:
- Traditional in-person course format 25 hours, 20 minutes
Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Traditional in-person course format 24 hours
Optional Add-on Modules
Prerequisite: Certification in a core course is required; however, the module may be taught at the conclusion of a core course. Course lengths:
- Waterfront Skills Module 5 hours, 40 minutes
- Waterpark Skills Module 3 hours, 40 minutes
Lifeguarding Review Course
The Review course is designed to review the lifeguarding skills and core knowledge points required to recertify in lifeguarding.
Prerequisite: Current Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or Shallow Water Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate Note: If the Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate is expired, participants must take the full Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Lifeguarding course.
- Lifeguarding Review Course 12 hours, 50 minutes
- Shallow Water Lifeguarding Course 11 hours, 50 minutes
- Patron surveillance
- Rescue skills
- Victim assessment
- First Aid
- Care for head, neck and spinal injuries
Contact us to find out more now!