One of the most prestigious course towards open water lifesaving in Singapore Lifesaving Society.
The Patrol Lifeguard award enables awardees to develop the necessary knowledge and skills needed to be a supervising lifeguard in open water conditions.
All the skills in Bronze and Silver Cross will be tested, new equipment is introduced “Oxy Viva” and a deeper understanding of first aid on open water.
There is a challenging run and swim event at this stage!
Participants will be taught more advance knowledge on:
- Emergency equipment used by the club or patrol area
- Emergency communication and rescue procedures
- Hazards and accident prevention principles for the patrol location
- Functions and features of oxygen resuscitators
- Maintenance and operation
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Likely problems in use of the equipment
Demonstrate emergency care for:
- External Bleeding
- Heat Stroke
PRACTICAL LIFESAVING SKILLS
|Petrol Lifeguard||To develop acceptable standards of knowledge, judgement, skills and physical abilities required of a lifeguard supervising people in open water locations|
Contact us to find out more now!